Iscriviti    Login  TAK  Forum  TAK  Portale  TAK  Messaggi Recenti  TAK 

Indice » Sezione Pubblica » Tak

Autore Messaggio
 Oggetto del messaggio: La preghiera del guardiano.
 Messaggio Inviato: sabato 12 maggio 2007, 12:08 
Non connesso
Scudiero
Scudiero

Riprendo testualmente uno scritto veramente calzante e bellissimo.
Questo sono io fratelli.
Questo e' Stocax.
Il nostro volere e il nostro corpo sono per voi.
Andiamo incontro alla morte davanti a voi fratelli.
E lo facciamo con onore e rispetto.
Non la temiamo.
La cavalchiamo.
Sempre.

Un omaggio a te e a me fratello Stocax.
Il drago vegli su di noi.

"I am the Guardian.

When you see me, I will, most likely, not be attired formally. I will be encased in my steel. It will be dirty, bloody, and battered. I do not have a quick tongue or eloquent speech. I know nothing of the manners of politics, or the ettiquette of the formal ball.

I am known by many names. Tank. Meatshield. Fighter. Brawler.
Corpse.

I am the Guardian

I have not the capability, nor the inclination, to hide. I cannot strike from stealth with devastating blows, then fade into the darkness. I cannot incinerate a foe from twenty paces away. I cannot deal death from a distance, safe from the return attacks of my enemy. In order to kill, I must close with the enemy. I see his eyes. I smell his breath. I taste his fear. And he tastes mine.

I cannot bend Nature to do my bidding. I cannot tap into my emotions and force it to do what I command. I command nought but my mind, my body, and my will. It is by those, and those alone, that I stand or fall.

I have no friends on my journey. No pets or heralds summoned or created as servants and bodyguards. No loyal beasts of the plains or woods, to defend me and comfort me in my pain. My sole companion is my shield. I must care for it better than any person has ever cared for another. I must master it more than any Loremaster has ever mastered his Lore. Without me, it is useless. Without it, I am nothing.

I cannot heal. I cannot shield. I cannot call upon the gods and see my prayers answered. I call to the spirits of my ancestors in the heat of battle, and they are silent. My only ability to protect is to offer myself, my blood and bone and sinew, as a sacrifice. To draw the attacks of our foes. To take the blows that would kill a lesser being, and continue to fight on.

I cannot kill with the speed and grace of the Burgular, the suddenness and shock of the Champion, or the flamboyance and power of the Loremaster. When I kill, it is a slow business. Slow and bloody for all concerned, myself included. I fight on, pummeled and battered so that my companions may receive the glory of the kill and the wreaths of victory. If I die and they yet live, it is an expected sacrifice.

I come in all races, all sizes. I fight under a thousand flags, on a million battlefields. I am dismissed by the highborn, scorned by the noble, lectured by the doctor, and forgotten by the peasant. Until the time when the trumpets of battle sound, and those who would destroy them come forth. And then the cry goes up..."Where, oh where, is the Guardian?"

Pray to your gods that I continue to answer that call.

Few do answer the call. Fewer still survive. It is a long and hard road, this way of the Guardian. Along it lie pain, and fear, and death. Scant rewards and scanter gratitude. At the end, for most, is an anonymous grave on some windblown battlefield. If they are lucky.

And yet, I fight on. I do not even know why. Perhaps for glory, perhaps for fame, perhaps for money, perhaps for my country, perhaps for my family. Perhaps it is simply all I know how to do. But fight I will. Whether you appreciate it or not. Whether you even notice it or not. I will be out there, on the battle lines. Fighting. Killing. Dying.

I am the Guardian.

Death is my business.

Be it yours...or mine. "

Nari.

Profilo  

Indice » Sezione Pubblica » Tak